If you are in an interview process for a job it’s really important that you show the potential employer how much you want the job – this can be done by what you do as much as by what you say. Here’s a quick checklist for you:
- Be available – for interviews. If you are serious about finding a new job you will need to be prepared to make sacrifices, re-arrange your diary to attend interviews on the dates requested if at all possible.
- Turn up early – allowing plenty of time for traffic
- Prepare well and do your research
- Use positive body language during the interview – sit up, lean slightly forward, use good eye contact.
- Ask pertinent questions that really show you are thinking about the job and the business.
Employers are far more likely to offer someone the job if they feel they really want it so if you follow these guidelines you will help increase your chances of success.