Christmas Quiz Answers
- Which animal is often used as a mascot for Alvis?
- Which city is represented on this logo?
- What does this symbol represent?
A: The pattern of helical gears
- Was Mercedes the daughter of Karl Benz or Gottleib Daimler?
A: Neither – she was the daughter of their business associate Emil Jellinek
- Where are Spyker cars made?
A: The Netherlands
- Name a sports car made in Israel in the 1960’s.
A: Sabra GT
- Which Australian manufacturer stopped production on 20th October 2017?
- At the end of 2016 who was the largest car manufacturer in the world?
A: Volkswagen overtook the previous holder, Toyota
- Where were Ferrari revals Pegaso sports car made?
- Who made the first all plastic car in the UK?
A: Lotus (1957) – Lotus Elite
- Where is the world’s first purpose built race track?
A: Brooklands, Surrey – 1907
- What was ‘La Jamais Contente’?
A: First road vehicle to reach 100km per hour in 1899 – powered by electric
- What was the speed limit before the first London – Brighton emancipation run?
A: A – 4 miles per hour in the Country and 2 mph in towns
- What is the maximum speed of the Lunar Rover?
A: B – 11.2mph
- Who holds the current land speed record?
A: RAF Pilot Andy Green at 763.035 mph set in October 1997 in Thrust SSC
- Which manufacturer has won 24 Hours race at Le Mans most?
A: Porsche – 19 times
- What is the current maximum speed of a Solar powered car?
A: Sunswift IV – 55.2mph in 2011
- What was the name of Sir William Lyons of Jaguar first company?
A: Swallow Sidecars
- What does TVR stand for?
- Which car has Francesco Baracca’s family coat of arms as its symbol?
A: Ferrari – the prancing horse
- Which manufacturer has Turin as part of its name?
A: FIAT – Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino
- On the four wheel drive Jensen FF, what does FF stand for?
A: Fergusson Formula – Fergusson Research developed the 4 wheel drive system