When you attend a job interview you usually have approximately 1 hour to make the right impression and win over your interviewer.
Here are our top tips to make a great first impression:
- Arrive early – but not too early. Leave lots of extra time for your journey but don’t go into the building more than 20 minutes before the allocated time.
- Dress appropriately – Check beforehand what the dress code is and unless advised otherwise, dress immaculately in smart business wear.
- Give positive body language – Firm handshake, sit up straight, lean slightly forward, look interested.
- Come well prepared – and show a genuine interest in the role. Do your research, have a print off of the job description and your CV.
- Ask relevant questions – find out all you can about the company and the job.