Opportunity for an experienced aftersales leader to join an innovative vehicle manufacturer based in the Midlands as an Aftersales Technical Team Manager leading a team of technical experts. You will use your extensive automotive technical knowledge and leadership skills to guide and motivate your team who act as first line support to the manufacturer’s dealer network.
This role would suit someone with experience in a technical/aftersales role with either a vehicle manufacturer or dealership and a proven track record in people management and an advanced understanding of vehicle electrical systems.
- Management of Aftersales Technical team ensuring response targets are met
- End responsibility for individual vehicle issue resolution in all markets
- First line support for Dealer Network on technical issues
- Remote diagnostic tool operation
- Liaison between departments to improve processes and end user experience
- Aftersales representation weekly meetings
- Monitor and report on technical trends
- Dealer visits for technical & process support
- Input with other departments to resolve issues and quality concerns
- Assess dealer repairs/Warranty claims for suitability and correct process
- Collate and grow background technical information for advanced diagnostic assistance
- Experience of managing a small team
- Track record of working as an electrical and/or vehicle technician (7 years +) within an automotive workshop or automotive OE environment.
- Advanced understanding of vehicle electrical systems.
- Recent practical experience of using laptop based vehicle diagnostic toolsets.
- Recent practical experience of working with vehicle electrical diagrams and system schematics.
- Ability to plan, organise & control time efficiently & profitably.
- Flexible, enthusiastic and self-motivated with good communication skills.
- Shift working, including Saturday mornings (rota)
- Confident user of IT in particular Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook.
- Industry recognised technician qualifications (BTEC ONC/HNC or an apprenticeship combined with relevant experience).
- Full driving license is essential.
If you’d like to progress your automotive technical career with this vehicle manufacturer please get in touch.