A fantastic opportunity for a PR Manager to join a leading vehicle manufacturer with an enviable history in motorsport in numerous international championships. This role is responsible for the creation of a class-leading PR communications programme to harness the manufacturer’s involvement in world championship racing for the benefit of the brand. The position is also crucial in guiding dealers in their PR activities, to ensure that national activity is appropriate and the benefit is maximised.
This role would suit an experience PR professional – ideally with experience in an in-house PR role for a vehicle manufacturer or tyre manufacturer. You’ll need to understand how to develop a PR communications plan in a pan-European context and have strong agency and stakeholder management experience. Previous experience in motorsport PR is not required however an enthusiasm for motorsports is required.
- Creation of the annual pan-European motorsport activity plan
- Act as secretariat of the pan-European ‘Racing committee’
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders in motorsport teams
- Manage relationships with specialist motorsport communication agency
- Support wider corporate communications team in using motorsport activities and athletes to benefit the launch of new products
- Lead on pan-European motorsport events, ensuring clear communication of key messages with support from Events team
- Set clear annual targets and KPIs for motorsport activity using established media measurement techniques across PR and Social spaces
- Work with wider business to ensure clear link between motorsport activities and digital platform
- Act as a key link to championship press officers, ensuring maximum benefit
- Manage motorsport communication budget
- Ensure robust crisis management plan is in place for any on track issues
- Experience in an in-house PR role – ideally with a vehicle or tyre OEM
- Enthusiasm for working within motorsport communication
- Understanding of the development of PR communications plans in a pan-European context
- Extensive experience in stakeholder management across a number of levels of the organisation
- Comfortable with briefing creative agencies, with an understanding of what it takes to communicate key messages through a range of different media
- Strong attention to detail with excellent project management skills
- Fluency in another European language in addition to English is a bonus
- Availability to travel Internationally
If you’re interested please apply now.