As experts in recruitment for Automotive Manufacturers we are often contacted by people looking to make the leap from working for an automotive dealer or supplier to working for a vehicle manufacturer.
Manufacturer roles are usually hotly contested and only the best candidates will get an interview. Here are my experiences of what the successful candidates tend to have in common:
- A track record of progression / promotion with your current employer
- A progressive career history without too many job hops
- Demonstrable evidence of success in their current role
- An ambitious and driven approach to work with evidence of going the extra mile
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships both internally and externally
- A highly professional attitude (a professional looking LinkedIn photo – in work attire)
- A word perfect CV detailing your successes in each role (see our CV advice)
If you think this describes you please get in touch and we can discuss opportunities.
Written by Julia Pennington, Managing Director