With a booming economy, growing business and a wealth of job opportunities many job seekers are spoilt for choice. Have you adapted your recruitment processes to today’s candidate driven market? Today’s jobseeker is switched on and often snapped up before second interview. Often receiving multiple employment offers, they want a fast, flexible route to their next role. Do your recruitment processes reflect this?
Here are my top tips to make sure you keep up with today’s job market:
- Sell your job opportunity and business to potential candidates – give candidates reasons for selecting your company
- Be flexible with interview arrangements to accommodate the candidates – and encourage others within in your business to do the same.
- Be prepared to carry out telephone or Skype interviews as an initial stage in order to engage candidates as early as possible
- Move fast – if you like a candidate move fast to 2nd interview or offer – many roles are now being offered after just 1 interview
- Make a strong offer initially – if you like a candidate don’t hold back on making a strong offer that will secure them and cut out potential competition from other businesses.
For assistance with any current automotive industry vacancies please contact Julia Pennington at Copeland: firstname.lastname@example.org, 01235 821942.