Are you passionate about sales and exceeding targets and work in the automotive industry? If so this fantastic opportunity to join a car manufacturer could be for you. As Area Sales Manager you will work with their franchised dealers in your region (Leeds to Birmingham) to ensure the region delivers on new car sales targets and objectives. You’ll also be tasked with identifying potential new dealer partners and introducing them to the brand. You’ll be able to use your creativity and market knowledge to produce innovative ideas for business growth.
This role would suit someone with a proven track-record in achieving and exceeding sales targets and experience working in the automotive sector. A history working with or in a franchised dealership would be highly advantageous. You may currently be working in a field-based sales role – selling into dealers or for another vehicle manufacturer or within a dealership in a sales management role.
Whatever your background you will need to demonstrate a drive and hunger to exceed sales targets together with strong management skills and the ability to analyse sales performance metrics.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Regular meetings with franchise dealer partners to agree performance targets
- Building long-term relationships with the dealers in your region
- Reporting sales figures to key stakeholders
- Support for national & regional shows and events
- In-dealership mentoring and coaching to ensure best practice across all sales functions
- To report on dealership level activities of partners and competitors where required
- Prospecting for new dealer appointments within the region
- A proven track-record in a sales role with evidence of achieving and exceeding targets
- A demonstrable sales drive and target-driven approach
- Previous experience working within the automotive industry
- Have a background in either a dealer-facing sales role, a regional sales management role for a manufacturer or Sales Management role in a dealer
- Self-motivated with excellent negotiation skills
- Strong communication and management skills at a senior business level
- Ability to understand and analyse sales performance metrics
This is a great opportunity to make it your own. You will be given the autonomy to use your sales instinct to work with dealers to maximise new car sales.