Copeland Select Ltd understand how important personal information and privacy are and we ensure we only:
- collect data that is really necessary for us to perform our services as a recruitment agency
- only keep it for as long as is relevant and necessary
- keep it as accurate, complete and up to date as possible
- keep it safe and secure
- only share it with authorised third parties.
Copeland Select Ltd manages all personal information in accordance with the current laws. If you have any questions regarding your data please contact: Julia Pennington ([email protected]).
If you think we may hold out of date or inaccurate data for you or wish to have your data removed simply email us at [email protected].
Why do we need to process your data?
Job Seekers: So that we can provide our services to you as a recruitment agency and inform you of suitable job opportunities.
Employers: So that we can provide our services to you as a recruitment agency to look for suitable candidates for your job vacancies.
Referees: So that we can obtain a reference from you for a referee subject.
How do we collect your data?
Job Seekers: from the data you provide us when you register with us as a job seeker
Employers: from the data you provide us in relation to us providing recruitment services to you
Referees: from the referee information provided to us by the reference subject and when you provide it to us in the course of our checking a job seeker’s references
Data may be collected:
- Verbally via telephone conversations with you
- Via telephone and face to face meetings with you
- Via publicly available sources e.g. LinkedIn
- Via any direct contact you make with us via email, post or telephone
Sometimes the technology used in communications between us will provide personal information to us – see the section below entitled Cookies.
Data supplied electronically: We do everything we can to ensure our electronic communications are secure, however it is important that you understand that there are risks associated with use of the Internet and you should take all appropriate steps to protect your personal information. You can contact us by land-line telephone 07973 286342 or post (as the address below) if you have concerns about making contact via the Internet.
How do we look after your data?
We hold your data securely. We retrieve it when we need to use it for our functions as a recruitment agency. At that time, we check that it is current, complete, accurate and relevant.
We regularly cleanse our data so it is as accurate and up to date as possible. We destroy your personal information when it is no longer needed for any purpose for which it may be used or disclosed provided that it is lawful for us to do so.
What data do we collect and hold and what do we do with it?
We only collect personal data that is necessary to ensure the proper performance of our activities as a recruitment agency. What we collect and why will vary depending on whether you are a job seeker, employer or referee as detailed below:
What we hold: We only collect and hold information that is relevant for us to assess your suitability for job opportunities and inform you of them. This includes information such as:
- Your contact details: name, location, telephone, email
- Your job requirements: job function, type of employer, location, required remuneration, suitability for roles
- Your career history, skills, qualifications, experience and attributes (usually on your CV)
- Information confirming your right to work in the country where you are seeking work – documents will not be stored un-necessarily where sight of a relevant document is sufficient.
- Your nominated referees
What we do with it:
- Identify relevant job opportunities for you.
- Inform you about job opportunities and provide career advice.
- Present your details to prospective employers (we will never submit your details to any prospective employer without your prior knowledge and consent for us to do so).
Your data will not appear publicly or be shared with any other 3rd parties.
You can let us know that you no longer wish to be contacted at any time by emailing us at: [email protected].
We send our registered job seekers occasional newsletters with information on our latest job opportunities, career advice and news. You can quickly and easily opt-out of our newsletters at any time either by selecting the ‘Unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the newsletter or by emailing us at: [email protected] informing us that you wish to unsubscribe from our newsletters.
What we hold: information that is necessary to help us provide an appropriate recruitment service to them. This includes:
- Contact details – names, positions, telephone numbers, business email address of all relevant employees, business postal address
- Company details – industry, services provided, products, organisational structures, technologies used, etc
- Preferences and needs – typical job functions they recruit, skill-sets required, marketing materials
- Employers’ Terms of Business
What we do with it: Use it to provide the appropriate, accurate recruitment service to you, contact you in the course of providing services to you, and keep you informed of anything we feel may be of assistance or interest to you in the course of your job.
What we hold & why: information necessary to help to make determinations about the suitability of one of our employees or job seekers for a particular jobs. This includes:
- Referee Contact details – name, position, telephone numbers, email address
- Nature of relationship with reference subject
- Google Analytics: Google Analytics sets cookies to help us accurately estimate the number of visitors to the website and what content is most popular. This helps to ensure that our website is responding to your needs in the best way possible.
By using and browsing our website, you consent to cookies being used in accordance with this Policy.
If you do not consent, you must turn off cookies or refrain from using the site. Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this, look at the ‘help’ menu on your browser. Switching off cookies should not noticeably restrict your use of this website.
You have the right to:
- Access your data
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information Copeland Select Ltd holds about you and have any inaccuracies corrected. We may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request. We will require a reasonable time (usually 14 days) to respond to requests for copies of data. There is usually no charge for this. We may charge a reasonable fee if a request is considered manifestly unfounded or excessive, particularly if it is repetitive or requests for further copies of the same information.
- Have any inaccuracies corrected
We want to hold accurate data on you and will correct any inaccuracies as soon as we become aware of them.
- Have your data deleted
You can request to have your data permanently removed from our records as long as it is lawful for us to do so.
You have a right to complain about our handling of your personal information if you believe that we have interfered with your privacy. If you are making a complaint about our handling of your personal information, it should first be made to us in writing/email to the contact below
Copeland Select Ltd, 29 Main Road, Didcot, Oxfordshire OX11 9LR.