Do you have a track record in new business development selling equipment or consumables to automotive workshops? Do you have excellent presentation skills combined with a strong understanding of the automotive aftermarket and workshop operations? Would you like a role that is 90% new business development where you can use your skills to make a huge impact on a largely untapped market?
If so this opportunity for a Business Development Manager with a manufacturer of premium brand workshop equipment could be the next step in your career. You’ll be tasked with building new business with automotive dealers, distributors & wholesalers across the UK. You’ll need to have a firm understanding of the workshop environment combined with excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Develop and execute a plan for business development across the UK
- Direct contact with prospect customers including dealers, distributors and wholesalers
- Management of 1 direct report
- Work closely with European Team – collaborating and sharing information
- Regular reporting & presentations to UK senior management and European Office
- Work closely with marketing department to ensure strong and relevant marketing support
- Considerable travel across the UK – face to face sales presentations to customers
- A proven track record of new business development selling equipment or consumables to automotive workshops
- At least 3 years’ working in a field based Business Development Role
- A high level of drive and tenacity and ability to work autonomously
- Ability to quickly develop strong product & competitor knowledge
- Good technical understanding of workshop operations
- Excellent negotiation & presentation skills
- Good prioritisation skills and ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong MS Office skills including Outlook, Excel & Powerpoint
- Strong administration and reporting ability
- Ability to lead and motivate (previous people management experience is not required)
- Ambitious and keen to learn and develop personally
In return you will be given the chance to join a major international business – manufacturing premium products and offering great onward career development opportunities.