Do you have experience in an automotive or fleet service & maintenance role including supplier management and leadership skills?
A young, fast growing business who provide rent-to-buy and rental electric vehicles for the private hire market are seeking a Fleet Service & Maintenance Manager. Managing a small team, you will be responsible for all mechanical repairs and maintenance activity on their fleet of EVs. The role is based in West London.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring all vehicle service and MOT schedules are met & logged
- Ownership of repairs and maintenance costs lines, challenging costs to fit with agreed pricing.
- Managing vendor relationships and negotiate favourable repair costs.
- Identifying new suppliers and developing the supplier network.
- Ensuring all vehicle maintenance is completed in line with the company policies
- Working with breakdown providers, ensuring all Breakdown issues are recorded & managed
- Acting as the point of support and escalation for any customer issues regarding vehicle SMR
- Managing relationships with OEMs and vehicle suppliers on warranty claims and repair support.
- Acting as a project member on projects in the fleet management section of the business
- Leading and motivating a small team of service controllers and administrators
- Facilitating the training and development of staff to improve knowledge of fleet repairs and maintenance.
- Monitor and communicate staff performance of your team against fleet maintenance KPIs and targets.
- Experience working in a fleet service & maintenance role within a fleet management, leasing, rental, end user fleet or within a dealership aftersales role.
- A good understanding of all aspects of vehicle maintenance and fleet management
- Have sufficient technical and mechanical knowledge to resolve non-standard / complicated repair issues or warranty claims
- Able to demonstrate successful management of a fleet maintenance budget and cost lines.
- Highly organised with ability to manage the maintenance of a fast-growing fleet in a busy fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to manage, lead and motivate a small team
- Experience of building and managing supplier networks
- Experience of an electric fleet and knowledge of electric vehicles would very advantageous.
- Live within commutable distance of West London
In return you’ll be offered a competitive package and the opportunity to join a business with ambitious growth plans operating in the EV sector.