Do you have experience working in a marketing communications role for an automotive OEM ideally including retail marketing? Would you like to manage a small team and have budget and strategic responsibility for a manufacturer’s UK retail marketing?
A leading automotive OEM are seeking a Retail Marketing Manager (employed via an external agency) to manage their retail marketing strategic plan and ensure their UK dealers are maximising retail marketing opportunities. Managing a small team, you’ll be the main point of contact within the business for retail marketing activities working closely with stakeholders across the business including the field team.
The position is based at the manufacturer’s UK head office (2-3 days a week) where you will be part of the UK marketing team.
- Ensure the success of all retail marketing across the UK
- Provide dealers with necessary retail marketing guidance and materials to ensure demand and awareness of products is maximised
- Develop and implement the Retailer Marketing strategy in line with national marketing and objectives
- Manage a small team and the retail marketing budget
- Regular reporting to UK and head office on retailer marketing
- Be the main contact for a portfolio of selected UK dealers to develop quarterly marketing plans
- Engage all UK dealers in product launches and national campaigns
- Ensure all dealers’ marketing is brand compliant
- Experience working in a marketing communications role for an automotive OEM OR
- Retail marketing experience with a dealership or agency
- Ideally a background working in dealer/retail marketing
- Experience managing people
- Budget management experience
- Knowledge of traditional and emerging marketing communications channels
- Experience of managing marketing agencies
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Able to build strong working relationships with multiple stakeholders within the manufacturer’s head office and across the dealer network
- Able to work with autonomy and with a high degree of self-motivation to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Marketing or business-related qualifications
In return you’ll be offered a competitive salary, car and benefits package.